Jillian Hendrickson Announces Mayoral Campaign
Jillian Hendrickson, a member of the Albertville City Council, announced her candidacy for mayor of Albertville at Tuesday night's Women of Today meeting.
Albertville city council member Jillian Hendrickson was last night's speaker and newest member of the Women of Today group at their monthly meeting.
Hendrickson shared her experiences and her personal beliefs about community leadership, her experiences with college, career choices and her most recent decision to get her MBA and run for Albertville council.
"95% of the time I love being an elected official," she said citing the other 5% makes her "sad".
"But tough decisions and disagreements are part of what makes a healthy organization. Being one of the three who made the decision to let go of our city administrator was a rough spot to be in. Obviously there was both negative & positive criticism regarding the decision which was made, yet in the end of each day, I believe it was a healthy decision for the future of our city," she read from her prepared speech.
"I, Jillian Hendrickson am running for Albertville mayor this November," she announced to a room of nearly 20 women.
Reasons she cited for running include: the Albertville city staff and positive feedback from them, exciting times ahead including the freeway project and future business development, friendships and finally, "it makes me happy," she said.
Hendrickson, who began her 4-year term after the 2010 election, moved to Albertville in 2007. She is originally from Maple Grove and currently works in pharmaceutical sales.