UPDATED Voters' Guide: A Complete Look at the 2012 Statewide and Local Election
Covering every race in every town, St. Michael Patch has the complete rundown of the 2012 election.
As we look ahead to November’s elections, St. Michael Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot for St. Michael and Albertville, check out this story. In Otsego and other areas, go to the Minnesota Secretary of State website and enter the approriate information.
- Polling locations: For St. Michael and Albertville polling places, check out our guide here. To find polling locations and precincts in outlying areas, click here.
- Voter Registration: Are you registered to vote? Click here to find out what you need to know about voter registration.
- Absentee Voting: Patch has all the information about voting absentee here.
Click on a candidate's name for biographical information and answers to our candidate questionnaires. (Some also link to candidate’s home page, in event they did not fill out our forms. Those with no link have not responded and have no website.)
St. Michael City Council
St. Michael Mayor
Jerry Zachman (incumbent) uncontested
Albertville City Council
- James Krutzig (withdrawn, but name will appear on ballot)
- Larry Sorensen (incumbent)
- John Vetsch (incumbent)
- Mark Barthel
- Rob Olson
- Paul Turpin
- Jillian Hendrickson
- Don Peterson
Wright County Board - District 2
- Michael Potter
- Mary Wetter
Wright County Board District 3
- Mark Daleiden
- Tom Darkenwald
Independent School District 885 Board
House District 30B
Senate District 30
U.S. Congress - District 6
Ballot Issues - Constitutional Amendments
Amendment 1: "Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to provide that only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in Minnesota?"
Amendment 2: "Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to require all voters to present valid photo identification to vote and to require the state to provide free identification to eligible voters, effective July 1, 2013?"