.

Smoldering Garbage Truck, Overdose, and Apartment Fire: St. Michael Fire Blotter

St. Michael Fire Department calls between Dec. 6 and Dec. 12.

 

The St. Michael Fire Department last weekend responded to a fire at Albertville Meadows apartment complex, caused by a cigarette butt carelessly thrown just outside the building.

One family was temporarily displaced Saturday morning. The fire started outside and got between the walls of the units; firefighters broke through walls to put it out. The fire produced black smoke, but no flames.

St. Michael Fire Department assisted Albertville Fire at the scene. Monticello Fire and Rescue was also at the scene, and Allina Ambulance and Wright County Sheriff's Deputies were on hand.

The St. Michael Fire Department also responded to other calls this week:

Dec. 9

The department responded to a fire alarm call in the 11000th block of Frankfort Parkway NE.  It was a false alarm.

Dec. 10

The department responded to a medical call in the 3000th block of  Lachman Court NE for a 10-year-old male with a head injury.

The department responded to a medical call in the 200th block of 5th Avenue NW for a 40-year-old female who had overdosed on medication.

Dec. 11

The department responded to a fire call in the 5000th block of Quam Avenue NE for the cargo area of a garbage truck smoldering.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something