.

St. Michael Fire Rescues Boy from Inside Washing Machine: Fire Calls

Calls have been higher than normal for both St. Michael and Albertville departments as of late.

The St. Michael and Albertville fire departments have had a busy first two weeks of the New Year, responding to structure fires, a couple of gas leaks and one interesting call for a boy stuck inside his family's washing machine. 

No one was injured in that spin cycle, but a reminder to kids that they shouldn't be playing in or around appliances. 

Here's the recent rundown: 

December 31
The Albertville Fire and Rescue department responded to a medical call in the 2400 block of Lambert Avenue NE in St. Michael for a 50-year-old male having difficulty breathing. The call was canceled by St. Michael Fire Department before the trucks left the fire station.

Albertville Fire responded to a fire alarm call in the 6500 block of Jansen Avenue NE. The call was canceled by Wright County Dispatch before the trucks left the fire station.

January 2
Albertville Fire responded to a medical call in 6200 block of MacLynn Avenue NE in Otsego for an unresponsive male. The call was canceled before trucks left the fire station.

Albertville Fire responded to a call in the 6200 block of MacLynn Avenue NE in Otsego for a lift assist.

January 5
Albertville Fire responded to a fire alarm in the 12100 block of 73rd Street NE in Otsego. The call was canceled before the trucks left the fire station.

January 7
Albertville Fire responded to a call in the 7700 block of LaBeaux Avenue NE for a strong gas odor. Nothing was found using two different gas meters.

January 8
St. Michael and Albertville responded to a mutual aid call in the 4300 block of Mayfield Avenue NE in St. Michael for a structure fire.

Albertville Fire responded to a medical call in the 10700 block of County Road 37 for a female with a broken leg.

St. Michael Fire responded to a gas leak call in the 40th block of St. Michael Parkway W for a gas leak.

St. Michael Rescue responded to a medical call in the 4000th block of Lange Avenue NE for 97-year-old female with chest pain.

January 11
Albertville Fire responded to a medical call in the2900 block of Lander Avenue NE in St. Michael for a 43-year-old male who had fallen on the ice and hit his head.

SMFD responded to a fire call in the 5000th block of Jamison Avenue NE for a crock pot that was smoldering.

January 12
Albertville Fire responded to a medical call for a female with her foot stuck in a recliner. The call was canceled before the trucks left the fire station.

Albertville Fire responded to a medical call in the 12000 block of 43rd Street NE in St. Michael. The call was canceled before the trucks left the fire station.

January 13
SMFD responded to a motor vehicle fire in the 13000th block of 43rd Street NE.

St. Michael Rescue responded to a call in the 9000th block of 46th Street NE for a 6-year-old stuck inside a washing machine.

January 14
SMFD responded to a motor vehicle accident on Interstate 94.  They were cancelled en-route.

St. Michael Rescue responded to a medical call in the 5000th block of Jansen Avenue NE for a 10 year old having difficulty breathing.

January 15
St. Michael Rescue responded to a medical call in the 100th block of Ashe Avenue NE for a male having chest pains.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »