The St. Michael City Council Tuesday is expected to consider a comprehensive plan for community growth and development.
The plan will be reviewed at the council's regular meeting, which is scheduled for 7 p.m. at St. Michael City Hall.
The plan's purpose, according to city documents, is to address:
- Vision for the future
- Areas for future residential, commercial and industrial growth
- Protection of wetlands, trees and other natural resources
- Types and densities of residential land uses
- Location of parks, trails and recreational facilities
- Location of other public facilities
- Transportation corridors
- Municipal utilities
Also included in the community development report is a consideration of a storm water illicit discharge ordinance.
The meeting will include a public hearing about vacating easements for lots at Preserve East Ninth.
In the city administrator and engineer report portion of the meeting, there will be updates on the waste water treatment plant, Beebe Lake water level analysis, and the public works shop remodeling. There will also be a finance department update.