Building on the motto "Excellence is our tradition," St. Michael-Albertville High School is home to more than 1,400 students in 2010-2011.
The current building opened in September 2009 as one of the largest high schools in the state of Minnesota. The facility boasts a performing arts theater that is state-of-the-art, a gymnasium to host hundreds of Knights fans and a community fitness facility that is accessible before and after school hours.
STMA High School is the crown jewel of District 885, and was the final piece to a puzzle that saw the district construct two new schools and revamp its middle schools to accommodate a growing district.
- Fax: 763-497-6590
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 3:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps, elevators
- Founding Date: 2009
- Number of students: 1,400
- Male-to-female ratio: 49:51
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 99
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:19
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 70
- How engaged is the school with the community?: St. Michael-Albertville High School is the flagship of the STMA School District.
- What makes this community special?: Blue and gold can be seen on Knights fans throughout the school year, from football season to baseball in the spring.
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: STMA offers Calculus, English, Psychology, Physics, Art and World History as Advanced Placement coursework.
- Extracurricular activities available: Fall, winter and spring sports, marching band, Destination Imagination, Business Professionals of America, swimming, track, cheerleading, gymnastics, softball and baseball.
- Student clubs: Mock trial, math, robotics team.
- Sports teams: The Knights perform in all fall, winter and spring athletics.