Saturday, Sept. 28
The race is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 28 behind STMA Middle School West, 11343 50th Street NE in Albertville. Registration begins at 8 a.m. with the race starting at 9 a.m. Race day registration is $25, extra shirts available while they last. Kids races will be an option this year, register onsite. The run is in honor of former St. Michael-Albertville Schools teacher Tim Larson, who was killed in October 2011. According to organizers Larson was an “avid runner” that finished 15 marathons during his lifetime. Runners are encouraged to wear blaze orange to show “support for Tim and his love for running.”
Games start at 9 a.m. with the JVII team at the STMA High School and the JV team at the Community Education Soccer Field. The varsity follows at 11 a.m.NFL Punt Pass and Kick Competition
1 p.m. at the STMA Middle School East Football fields. Girls and boys in 5 different age divisions compete against each other in punting, passing and place kicking in a fun and engaging forum. Click on the headline above for additional details.
Sunday, Sept. 29
Join the Dance Impression competition dancers at their September dine to donate event. Held at the Dairy Queen in St Michael from 3-6 p.m.
Around the Twin Cities
- Check out the fall colors around St. Michael
- Free Apple Cider Demonstration at Eastman Nature Center (Sunday)
- Find out what’s playing at the movies around St. Michael
- Bring a hunting or fishing license to 101 Market Corn Maze in Otsego and receive an admission discount.
- Memorial Service for Minnesota’s Fallen Firefighters Sunday
- Visit Afton Art in the Park, the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra concert or try the Hopkin’s Lions Wine Tour
Do you have an event to share? Add it to the St. Michael Patch events calendar.